Ahvaz (Persian: اهواز, also Romanized as Ahwaz) is a city in and the capital of Khuzestan Province in south western Iran. It has a population of around 1.5 million.
Ahvaz is situated on the banks of the Karoun River, which splits the city into two large districts. The western half is mostly housing with some government departments. The eastern half is both residential and Industrial. The main train station is on the western side and the airport is on the eastern side.
Ahvaz is extremely hot in the summer. Expect 45 degrees C in July and August. If you have breathing problems, be aware that according to a survey by the World Health Organization, Ahvaz has the world’s worst air pollution.
It seems we can't find what you're looking for.
As a multilingual online media platform, “Irantrawell” would like to introduce the beauties and cultural attractions of Iran to all the nations around the world and show them the reality and truth about one of the oldest civilization in world history. Our team started a long travel to the most important tourism attractions of Iran in order to prepare the best and most different experiences to avoid travelers to iran being confused and lost in the places they visit during their travel to Iran. You can easily find tourism attractions, shopping centers, restaurants and delicious foods and also suitable accommodations.
I think losing your travel documents, money, and your phone in a foreign country is on the top place in the list of top things you must be scared of when you go abroad.
You can google the list of the cities famous for their pickpockets and purse-snatchers. Now, if you’re coming to Iran, hearing the financial news in Iran might worry you a little; and in fact, the tourist centres and crowded areas are no exception in this case. But statistics show that Iran is almost a lot better and safer than other countries in this case.
But, only in case you want to travel with peace of mind, keep these points in mind:
• You don’t have carry your passport with you to everywhere you go; only a copy of that would suffice. No one usually asks for it.
• You will need cash, but you shouldn’t carry all the cash you have with you.
• I suggest you to put your eggs in different baskets, I mean split your money and put it in different places so in case you get robbed, you will have some money left.
• It’t better to use bags and handbags instead of backpack in crowded places like bazaars; so you can always watch the zippers.
• And always keep an eye on your phone!