When traveling somewhere, other than visiting its historical and tourist attractions, tasting the dishes and desserts of that place could also be among its attractions. So, as soon as getting somewhere make sure you have an eye on its special foods, because you will regret it, if you don’t try some of them! Faloodeh Shirazi is unparalleled in the world, and when you are weary of walking and can’t take another step, a bowl of Faloodeh with this city’s authentic lemon juice can refresh your body and soul.
Iranian ice cream is thousands of years old, and Faloodeh is the flagship of this ancient history.
Baba Bastani, Best Faloodeh Place in Shiraz
Many know this name, and many suggest that if you travel to Shiraz, do not leave there without trying Baba Bastani. Long lines in front of this ice cream shop is itself indicative of its quality. Baba Bastani has four branches in Shiraz:
- Branch 1: Shiraz, between Jame Jam square and Chanchane intersection, in front of Anari Garden
- Branch 2: Shiraz, Chamran boulevard, Niayesh street, between 6th and 8th alleys
- Branch 3: Shiraz, Northern Motahari boulevard (Zargari), after the 17th alley
- Shiraz, Western Ghoddoosi street
Also, behind the Arg of Karim Khan and in the eastern side of Naser Khosro street, there are some of the best Faloodeh Shirazi shops, which also offer all kinds of ice cream to customers. There are also some restaurants and cafés around the Naser Khosro street, where you can go to have some food or drinks.
Irantrawell has prepared a list of these Faloodeh Shirazi shops for you:
- Karim Khan ice cream and Faloodeh Shirazi shop
- Shekar Riz ice cream and Faloodeh Shirazi shop
- Zand ice cream and Faloodeh Shirazi shop
- Kandoo ice cream and Faloodeh Shirazi shop
- Shahre Raz ice cream and Faloodeh Shirazi shop
Faloodeh Shirazi Outside of Iran
The history of ice cream in Iran dates back to 400 years B.C. which was made by mixing ice and the rose distillate and Faloodeh can be considered as the heir to that ancient ice cream, which today goes beyond the geographical borders and to the European countries. Darlish ice cream in France is a renowned brand that sells Iranian ice cream outside of Iran.